Thursday, August 16, 2012

Hello, I Am 6 Years Old.

This summer, I took care of four little kids. We had a blast together. I know this is kind of odd, because most people like to hang out and "blast" together with people their own age, but me? Nah, I'm cool with hanging out with my ten, six, and five year old friends.
The difference between "most people" and me is that I'm still 6 years old in my spare time, and sometimes in my unspared time too.
It's this kind of attitude that causes me to have the most fun when I'm doing the most ridiculous things.

For example, one of my funnest days this summer is the day we were jumping on the trampoline and pretending to be a jumping zoo.
Here we are, all five of us, jumping like crazy on the trampoline in the backyard, making animal noises at the tops of our lungs, and trying to jump like that certain animal; but because there were so many of us, we mostly just flew around the trampoline. By "at the tops of our lungs," I really do mean at the top of our lungs: as loud as it gets, enough to bother any of the neighbors around us. 

Jumping on the trampoline when you're nineteen with four little kids isn't that weird, but once you add in the jumping zoo part... it's weird. 

One of my other greatest days with these kids is when we drove to the lake and got to swim in the waves. We played this mentally-superior game, called "do a handstand on the shore before another wave comes." Just because it sounds ridiculous, does not mean it is not fun. 

What can I say, I'm easily entertained.

I'm also quite a sucker for disney movies. I think I like them more than the kids do.
I have barely any use for "big kid" movies... What do I care about Indiana Jones and stuff like that when I have Aladdin and the Lion King and Tangled and Anastasia and Brother Bear...? Indiana Jones isn't real, and neither are Disney movies, so really, what's the difference?

As shown, I am still 6 years old. You can judge me if you want, but just remember... while you're off doing your boring grown-up-adult things, I still get to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment