Saturday, April 27, 2013

Two years, Four months, Nineteen days

Once upon a time, I needed braces. Through a series of unfortunate circumstances, I didn't get them until I was a senior in high school. Maybe you were a senior in high school once and you can understand the situation.


On December 7th, 2010, the day came. That was the last day for two and a half years that I could eat milk duds. Or steak. Or bite into anything really. However, it was also the first day of my second childhood.


However, looking like your a little kid once more because you have braces comes with its downsides. Because, even though you look like a little kid, you can't always act like one, especially when it comes to eating foods you love and just having food in your teeth all the time. So basically, it means you have a limited diet.
The first two weeks was awful. I could only eat foods that were soft enough to chew with my tongue and the roof of my mouth (things like bread and soup), or foods that were "pre-chewed" and that you could immediately swallow upon placing in your mouth (things like already-cut-up-pasta and soggy cereal).
After a long time of living like this, on April 25 (the best date) I got my braces off!!

And now, I CAN EAT WHATEVER I WANT WHENEVER I WANT HOWEVER I WANT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment