Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Circle of Life (and Make Up)

Many things, in this world, follow the Circle of Life. We eat the antelope. When we die, we turn into grass. Then, the antelope eat us as dead grass. Therefore, everything is connected in the great circle of life.

Even my cheap cosmetics and somewhat-related emotional self esteem! Maybe you don't get the connection. Watch.


As interpreted by the graph, the general trend is "The more make up I wear, the less my self esteem." What is funny, is that the equation for these graphs is a little bit controlled by both variables. It's not entirely that, X, I wear a certain amount of make up and BAM that's my self esteem for the day, Y. It's more like I have a certain amount of Y, which determines how much X I wear, which reinforces my self esteem, which reinforces how much make up I wear, which in the end, becomes all connected in the big circle of life. Do you get it?
I also want to point out that this graph is accurate, no matter what my starting point of make up is.
Now, I want to talk about how that starting point changes as the seasons change. Another circle, eh??

The circle begins, as most circles, at any point- but in this case the fall. When school starts, specifically. Because of my lack of effort in my appearance during the summer, I am rejuvenated in my efforts to do pointless things, like put on make up.
As winter approaches, I begin to realize that hey, I'm busy. Why do I spend so much time on putting eye shadow and crap on?

As the temperature gets warmer, the day becomes less conducive to makeup. Less and less is applied. If applied, it is promptly taken off after church.

So then, the question becomes, why do I even put it on at all if I only take it off five hours later? That sounds like a waste of time. And it comes down to basically not wearing any at all ever, because I am lazy efficient.


Unless it is a pretty dang special occasion. Or when school starts again. Then I'm not efficient lazy anymore.


And alas, we come back to the beginning of the circle of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment