Thursday, December 20, 2012

Diary of My Shopping Life

The average American girl loooooooves shopping at the mall. And normally I do. But sometimes I get really tired of people trying to sell me stuff I don't want, or sign me up for coupons I don't want, or sign me up for their store credit card that I also still do not want...
Like you know those stands in the middle of the hallway in the mall? You know the ones that have the straighteners and curling irons? No matter what I do, they always nab me. They chase me down. And I'm not even kidding.

And the ones selling skin-care products DO NOT EVER STOP TALKING TO ME.

And even when I go up to the register to buy things, they still try to sell me stuff, because just coming to the store and buying stuff on my own accord isn't good enough. This is quite annoying because it usually takes a lot of thought for me to decide if I want to buy this item in the first place.

So already, making it to the register for me is an accomplishment in and of itself. And then the cashiers have to go and ruin it!!!

But wait, there's more. Not only do the cashiers belittle my purchase, then all they want is to stalk me.
Or they want me to apply to their store credit card, which I'll be denied from anyways because I don't make enough money each year because I have expenses like tuition and whatever, and I just can't take that kind of rejection!
So basically, I love the invention of the self-check out. No questions, no last-minute sales, and I can leave feeling happy about my purchase. Bless the Inventor-of-the-Self-Check-Out's heart.

1 comment:

  1. Last sentence of this is brilliant. I completely agree! Bless the inventor of the self checkout!

    ReplyDelete