Monday, October 15, 2012

The Day That I Became A Crippled Limper

Once upon a time, I decided to hike a mountain.
And I totally made it all the way up and all the way down, and it was totally fine. I came home, made myself a frozen pizza, and then... all of the sudden, after the adrenaline wore off, it was like my leg was broken at the hip! According to my self-diagnosis that I made using the internet, I have a sprained hip flexor.

I iced it for a little while. But, I live in a college apartment, and we don't really have tons of ice, so I had to make do with a bag of frozen cheese that I have, and let me tell you... it turned out to be like That Awkward Moment When You're Icing Your Leg With Frozen Cheese And Then It Melts All Over Your Leg...

No but really, I can't lift my leg higher than three inches without my hip feeling like it's falling out and my leg is falling off.

This was funny at first. Now, it's just really inconvenient. I can't even get in my own bed.

Remember the stairs of death? Yeah, I had to limp up those twice today.

And even little things, like sleeping. No matter which way I turned last night, I was putting some kind of pressure on that pulled muscle, and I was waking up every few hours so I could change positions.

Don't worry though, I've received lots of sympathy from my roommate. She was gone all weekend when it happened, but last night I won a lot of pity points when she got back.



No comments:

Post a Comment